Thursday 20 February 2014

The End?

I received my final rejection today. 

I'm glad it came today, as after yesterday I'm not sure I'd have the optimism to prepare for an interview.
I'm glad it's a wrap for 2014.
I'm glad the application process is finished. 
I'm glad I don't have to wait in some type of limbo anymore. 
I'm glad I can now just focus on getting my grades. 
I'm glad Sussex have offered me an alternative degree.
I'm glad I have an offer from KCL. I'm glad I finally, for the first time in about a year feel free(ish).

Maybe rejection IS good.

I think I need to wait it out to see if medicine is truly for me now, I have mixed feelings. I've enjoyed everything I've seen on this short journey and I'm glad I got to experience how hard the process really is. 

Hats off to anyone who has made it through. 

I'm glad.

4 comments:

  1. I wrote a long reply long time ago but it seems I didn't post it.
    I am glad you are glad. I hope things work for your best interest.
    Congrats for the offers . And from someone who is few months from obtaining an MD degree, medicine is nothing to be sorry about. You may notice there is too much suffering. Sometimes it is hard to see the rewarding pits.

    I am happy you are at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Yeah I think I was OVERLY optimistic before as oposed to being realistic, I've realised as much as I loved the experience maybe I'm just not cut out for it, and I'm totally fine with that.
      Good luck for obtaining your degree, it's so inspiring you've got this far, hats of to you and I wish you the best of luck!
      Thanks for reading my posts. :)

      Delete
    2. Not getting in the first time is not failing take it from me. The first time round I had 4 rejections without interview. So I chose my back up and focused on exams I still worked towards the grades for medicine and prepared to either take a gap year or go eith my backup.
      on results day I got 3A's :)
      I decided to get as much feedback as possible on my other application. I wrote to unis and looked on forums.
      I asked so many medical and academic people to look over my Personal statement. over all I trusted my one judgment. I also worked really hard and brought up my UKCAT score. I applied to better choices that fitted my strengths You can still do this take it from me

      Delete
    3. I'm in the same position you were in then! My initial plan was to do the whole re applicant process because of how passionate I was before, but I'm not too sure now. I think I've decided to let it go haha, I'm happy with my decision even though I am still tempted to reapply, I feel like it never really was realistic for me. I've made peace with it now though, so it's fine. Thanks for the kind words anyways, and well done on your journey! :)

      Delete